Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Santa Can You Get Me a Silhouette Cameo?

In December, I visited my friend Jen to see her wonderful home. It's filled with wonderful collections--all artfully displayed. I could have taken a hundred more photos. 

You can follow Jen on instagram here or visit her blog here
She had a craft room filled with all kinds of neat tools, like the one that does the binding on this book.
I noticed this in her craft room and asked what it was. It's called a Silhouette Cameo diecutter. 
She gave me a quick demo. She pulled one of my drawings from my blog and uploaded it to the Cameo software.
Next she placed cardstock on a semi-sticky cutting mat and loaded it into the cutter.
After adjusting the blade and doing a test cut, it was ready to cut out my design. 
It makes really weird noises when it cuts. When it's done, you gently peel it from the mat. 
This took less than 10 minutes to do. I was super impressed. Santa?




No comments:

Post a Comment