Sunday, July 7, 2013

Make Art That Sells: Week Five-Over-And-Out

This week we studied the gift market and the assignment was to create art for a pencil pouch. I was just in NYC and saw great stuff there. Found illustration on objects of all kinds at Pylones.
Judy had given me a bucket of pink and yellow items to use in last week's assignment. I was on vacation and missed that class, so I decided to use them this week. Thanks Judy!  
I set up mini collages of objects and photographed them. This is a broken ceramic flower with a really cool cheap plastic bracelet around it:
Just what is that plant on that bottle cap?
I wanted to work in a NYC vintage map.
This is a card my daughter made with a heart maze and plastic toy placed on it. I'm not sure it is politically corrert to use the yellow toy, but my plan is for the Indian to battle the plastic dinosaur.
This is made of 5 items:
My daughter made the leaf in elementary school, piled with more trinkets from Judy.
Then came the Photoshop work. First attempt:
Then I decided to posterize. Think it needs more dice.
Time to sleep on it. I'm not a photoshop artist. How do I get some of me into the piece?

Now let's play with the background color.
Finis.






1 comment:

  1. That is so fun! You play well with others. Welcome HOME

    ReplyDelete