Saturday, November 9, 2013

Pillsbury Bake-Off® Potholder Purse

I didn't want to USE my potholders from the 2010 Pillsbury Bake-Off®. They would be ruined!
How about making an evening bag?
This white ribbon might make a nice strap.
It needed some personalization, so I added a message.
How would the bag close? Buttons? I found a a really long sleeping bag zipper in my stash, saved from a long gone Dora the Explorer sleeping bag.  I pinned one side to a potholder.
Then I sewed it in place.
Repeat the process using the other potholder and other half of the zipper.
Now comes the magic part. Just zip it up and it's all finished.
No need for the white strap. It didn't really match anyway.
There aren't many occasions I can use this for and since my friend Cathy is going the Bake-Off® in Las Vegas this weekend,  I sent it along with her. Inside I found my LUCKY 7 of HEARTS DOUGHBOY playing card. Hope it brings her the Million Dollar Prize!

1 comment: