Friday, October 19, 2012

The more you LOOK, the more you SEE!

Funny how this:

Can become THIS:

 Went to the opening of the MOSIAC show called Putting the Pieces Together at Concordia College featuring the work Judy Sell, Glen Riddle and a few others.
Judy's work is always fantastic. I think this is one of my all-time favorites:
You need to see her work in person. This is REALLY big! Flower and bird embellishments give it great dimension that a photo can't capture.
 Glen's work is equally fantastic. It has a great raw quality. He uses bones, stones and rattlesnake skins in his work. Love the earthen-like grout color.
Below is Glen's ELVIS mirror. I could see my old lunchbox plaid pattern in it. Like his use of an old metal dollhouse panel. And the mirrors are broken. Love that!
This is Lori Greene's CIRCUS piece:











1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post so much! I also wanted to let you know Tara Neilson did THE CIRCUS...Lori Greene did lots of figures with Birds on the Heads. ooxx

    ReplyDelete