Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pepperoni-Pesto Popovers

I have written many posts about the 44th Pillsbury Bake-off® contest, but not one about how to make my winning treat, Pepperoni-Pesto Popovers. People ask if I still make them now that the Bake-off® contest is over. The answer is "yes! I still do!" 

Here's how: oven to 375˚. Brush popover pan with olive oil. 
Sprinkle with semolina flour (for a crispy crust).

Pop open the Pillsbury crescent rolls. Unroll onto a clean countertop and smash seams shut (or use seamless dough sheet). Sprinkle on garlic salt. Spread with pesto. Add pepperoni slices.

Add a handful of mozzerella and some parmesan cheese.
Slice into six pieces with a pizza cutter (one long horizontal cut and 2 vertical cuts).
Roll each section up to make a long roll.
Fold the long roll in half (like you are making a letter V) and place in the oiled popover cup. No need to be perfect. I like the messier look and if cheese oozes out it makes for an even better tasting crust. Bake 18-20 minutes on 375˚.



I like that they are all different and seem to have their own personalities.




1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to buy that semolina flour. Love this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete