Saturday, March 16, 2013

Green with Debbie

I was cleaning out my computer's trash can when I noticed a GI-normous file. It was a PDF of Debbie Reynolds Auction Catalog, pages and pages of costumes she had collected and was now selling. At first I noticed the details and graphic patterns.

And stripes. Too bad this movie was in black and white. 

There were paintings and posters. Awww. Agnes! Samantha! Derwood!!!!

And equipment. Literally, a green light!

I started to notice more and more green.



The Kathy Selden dress sold for $18,000.
Julie Andrews “Maria” turquoise and green dress from Sound of Music
Pre-sale estimate: $6,000-$8,000
Price realised: $55,350



Wonder how this cool graphic jacket compares to the new OZ movie that just came out? Here's how it did at Auction: Emerald-green felt “Ozmite” jacket designed by Adrian from The Wizard of Oz. Pre-sale estimate: $8,000-$12,000 Price realised: $27,675 Wow.

Love how green looks with brown.
There were many shades of grey-een.

Barbra Streisand wore this in Fanny Brice.



Debbie also owned the white getup Audrey Hepburn wore in My Fair Lady. It fetched over 4 million dollars. And the famous ivory pleated “Subway” dress Marilyn Monroe wore in The Seven Year Itch? Pre-sale estimate: $1 million - $2 million Price realised: $5,658,000


Here I am with Debbie a few years ago. Wonder if she will remember me in her will? Or maybe THAT GIRL in the bottom of the photo will? 


PS I'm not responsible for the spelling of "realised". Wiki is.

No comments:

Post a Comment